It happens every year. Eggs coming out of your ears because of that silly rabbit and his penchant for multi-colored mystery. What do you do with them all? There are only so many deviled eggs that one person can eat, and egg salad really loses its appeal after 2 or 3 days. Here’s a quick and easy after-Easter recipe to make use of all those hard-boiled beauties. Once the eggs are cooked, it only takes about 5 minutes to put together – and it tastes so good.
Serve it with the pita sticks or serve it with crackers. Hell, it even makes a great alternative to egg salad for sandwiches. Just make it. Trust me…
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- ½ t hot sauce
- 2 oz. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 6 pcs. Pita bread
- 3 T olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice pita into 1” sticks.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread pita sticks on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes, until pita is crisp.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine eggs, Dijon, hot sauce, gorgonzola, mayonnaise, salt & pepper.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl and serve along side pita sticks.