Looking for an easy side dish for a quick summer meal? Using easy pantry items allows you to whip up this Black Bean Salad with little preparation or shopping. It won’t take much effort to add it to your dinner tonight.
If you want to check out some great storage conveniences for your kitchen, look at StarMark Cabinetry’s internal cabinet accessories.
Black Bean Salad
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 ½ t cumin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 15 oz. cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 C frozen corn thawed
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 4 scallions chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lime juice, cumin, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Toss avocado pieces in dressing to keep from turning brown.
- Add black beans, tomato, corn, jalapeño, scallions, and gently combine.
- Check seasonings and adjust as necessary.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.